Spring cleaning shouldn’t only be applicable to your house but also, to those accessories you use on a daily basis!
We are all prone to not keeping our makeup in check! Whether it be the makeup bag you carry in your handbag daily or that massive one you keep in your room. Cleaning your makeup bag and makeup brushes should be a regular thing for hygiene purposes, however, like revamping your wardrobe the same should apply to your favourite accessory!
Aside, from washing the inner contents of your makeup bag and brushes, why not have a look at what makeup is in fact quite old. Depending on the item, there is an expiration date and should be thrown away
- Most powders, and concealers can last a couple of years as they are anhydrous (do not contain water).
- Cleansers and moisturizers tend to contain fatty acids constituents and should be thrown away after six months.
- Mascaras should be thrown away after three months regardless. That tube collects bacteria so for whatever reason your old mascara has been laying in your makeup bag, throw it away without fail!
- Multi use products such as the 3-in-1 sticks and creams can spread germs from your lips to eyes to cheeks. So wipe the surface between switching the use but nonetheless should be discarded after six months.
- Pencils can last years but if tip has been wet with either saliva or water then sharpen them before each use.
- If you keep your fingers away from the bottle or tube, then your foundation can last up to a year.
Once you’ve organized your makeup items then put them where they rightfully belong, but sure to store that makeup bag in a cool, dry place outside the bathroom to extend the shelf life of your cosmetics.