Valentines Day is almost here and the chill of winter is almost at its zenith before fading away. What are your plans this Valentines day ? We wanted to do a little something special for all our beautiful readers this V-day and so I decided to put together this much-requested piece on getting ready with me!
I’ve personally created two very special looks that you girls can wear for the day and night – the first is what I call the Natural Pretty in Pink Look. This look features flawless dewy skin, rosy cheeks and softly tinted lips
Let your eyes do the talking in this natural, peachy look that’s perfect for the day. Read on for the products you’ll need and the steps to be followed. You don’t have to use these exact products if you don’t have them, you can use similar shades instead.
DAY : Pretty in Pink
Products you’ll need:
● Dior Star Foundation
● Buff Blush MAC
● Stay Pretty Blush MAC
● Pro Long Wear Concealer MAC
● Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Bronzer (Contour)
● Mineralized Powder from MAC
● Soar Lipliner MAC
● Please Me Lipstick MAC
MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara
Inglot #77 Gel Eyeliner
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
1. Prep your skin by cleansing , toning and moisturizing. Also add your favorite lightweight sunscreen. Use Makeup Forever’s #122 Stippling Brush and buff in Dior Star Foundation all over your face and neck. The Dior Star foundation gives a natural glow to the skin and good medium coverage that still looks natural. It’s very long lasting as well.
2. Use MAC’s Pro Long Wear Concealer with #195 brush from MAC and dab it under and above the eyes to get rid of any dark circles. Use a damp beauty blender sponge to blend it out. The Pro Long Wear Concealer is really nice because its a full coverage concealer that has a liquid base. So it doesn’t get cakey but still covers up.
4. Use a powder brush to dust on the Mineralized Powder from MAC all over the face, particularly under the eyes to avoid creases. If your concealer has creased a bit use your finger to smooth it out then apply the powder to set it.
5. Apply Buff Blush from MAC starting from the top corner of the ear towards the inner corner of the lips where they meet using the #129 brush from MAC. Buff is a fantastic blush because it’s a neutral shade, which is neither peach, nor pink, it is a beautiful beige. This is one great blush that goes with almost every lipstick and look.
6. Use Stay Pretty Blush from MAC and apply it on the apples of the cheeks to create warmth and a rose-like glow. Simply smile and follow the natural apples of the cheeks and slightly brush upwards.
7. Now use The Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced on the outer end of the cheekbone to create a natural contour. Apply with a contour brush and suck in your cheeks, and apply along the hollow to give your face definition.
8. Use the Naked Basics Palette to create a soft wash of color on the eyes. I love the tones in this palette, they are so natural and wearable. You can use the shades closest to your skin tone as the base and a deeper color in the crease to give your eyes some depth.
9. Use Mac Haute & Naughty Mascara to create beautiful volumized lashes and line the eyes with the darkest gel eyeliner Inglot #77. If you have small eyes, tight line instead of a proper lined look.
10. Finish off your look with MAC Soar lipliner (a personal favorite) paired with Please Me lipstick – a gorgeous matte pink combo that’s perfect for everyday.
Wear a dusty pink nail color and an outfit in soft-pastels to finish off your soft romantic day look. Spray on your favorite fragrance and get ready to rule his senses !
Evening: Goddess of the Night
The soft gold shadows of the evening call for a little more color, a little more mystery and a little more of your inner goddess. Light up the evening, and his heart with my Goddess of the Night look. This look features gold and bronze highlights with a pop of color on your lips.
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
Studio Fix Powder MAC
NARS Orgasm Blush
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit (Contour)
Mac Soft & Gentle Highlighter
MAC Prep n Prime Light Boost
Ruby Woo Lipstick MAC
Cherry Lipliner MAC
House of Lashes – Noir Fairy Lashes
Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
Inglot #77 Gel Eyeliner
Lancome Ombre Hypnose 112 Eyeshadow
NARS Bengali Eyeshadow
1. Start off by prepping your skin, use Makeup Forever #122 Brush and apply MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation generously to the face. Blend it to create a flawless canvas. I love how this foundation creates a perfect photo ready flawless complexion.
2. Use MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer with MAC’s #195 brush and dab it under and above the eyes to get rid of any dark circles and marks. Use a damp beauty blender sponge to blend it out. MAC’s Pro Long Wear Concealer is really nice because it a full coverage concealer that is in liquid form. It doesn’t get cakey but still covers up uneven skin and dark patches well.
3. Use MAC Prep n Primer Light Boost liquid highlighter under the eyes on top of the concealer on the bridge of the nose, in between the eyebrows and on the center of the forehead to create a highlight. I LOVEE this product, its so natural yet naturally makes the skin appear lifted. I’ve recommended it to so many people and never once met someone who didn’t love it.
4. Use the sponge that comes with the Studio Fix Powder and pat it on all over the face and under the eyes to seal in the foundation and create a perfect base.
5. Use the Anastasia Beverly Hill Contour Kit to Contour your Face.
6. Use NARS Orgasm Blush to shape the cheekbones. This is one of the best party blushes for desi skin and comes with faint shimmer in it. Starting from the top corner of the ear towards the inner corner of the lips where they meet use the #129 brush from MAC. NARS is the perfect blush color especially for evening as it has a nice shine to it.
7. Use Lancome Ombre Hypnose 112 Eyeshadow on the base of the eye. I love this color because its a champagne color gold eyeshadow that doesn’t need anything else to make it pop. It compliments olive complexions beautifully and shines under evening lighting. Define your crease with #217 brush from MAC using NARS Bengali Eyeshadow. Use Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara for long, dramatic and volumnized lashes and use Inglot Gel Eyeliner in #77 to create a winged eyeliner. Lashes are a must for evening looks, so use House of Lashes Noir Fairy (they are my current favorite lashes) .
8. Apply MAC Soft and Gentle using your ring finger along the top of your cheekbones for a pretty glow.
9. Finish off your look by shaping your lips with Cherry Lipliner from MAC and fill in with Ruby Woo Lipstick.
10. Blot out any excess fallout with a blotting sheet or a fan brush.
And there you go, you’re all set for the perfect date with sensual red lips and a shimmery eye look. The brightness of the lips is complemented beautifully by the soft shimmer on the lids so that the look doesn’t look OTT. This look is such a winner and I’m sure you guys will love it.
Do try out these looks on V-day and tag your pictures with #getreadywithnilo so I can go like your pictures and feature the best looks on our Instagram page.
Here’s wishing all of you a beautiful Valentine’s day from me and the entire team here at Desibeauty ! 🙂