Sunshine is wonderful until it gets to the point where makeup starts to melt – on your face and in your bag! Weather or temperature can change the texture and the constancy of your make up. Here are a few tips which can help your makeup to last longer.
- For people living in a extremely hot climate, you must try to keep your foundation, concealer and lipstick in a cool place or away from the sun. Even consider putting them in the fridge when you are not using them to ensure they last as long as possible.
- Icing the face before applying make up can be very helpful. It’s a must for summer to ensure you apply a primer before your foundation – I recommend primers from Smashbox as it really helps to keep the makeup on for longer.
- Choose waterproof liner and mascara to prevent make up from smudgeing and keep it fresh and crispy.
- Power controls oil. However if you keep putting on a powder over and over again, it can make ur make up look caked. Never put face powder on a sweet face directly u must dry or tap ur face with a paper towel or tissue as humidity can become an issue. So first dab the face with a paper towel and once it’s dry, lock in your makeup by dusting on a powder.
- Tinted gloss can be great to finish the look as well or a matte lip color. I Love NARS lip pencils as they are easy to use and come in some great colors.