So you guys know I’ve been raving about the Dior Star foundation since I tried it. I was really eager to try my second foundation from Dior – The DiorSkin Nude Air. This is Dior’s first serum foundation. For me the beauty of this foundation is the finish, it gives a natural, radiant (though not overly glowy) second-skin like finish. It feels literally like nothing and was super lightweight when I applied it, it’s almost like it melted into my skin.
LOVED the texture!
The foundation has a watery texture so it comes with a dropper. I just squeeze a bit on the back of my hand, or onto the brush or sponge that I’m using and then apply it. It gives a natural – medium coverage with a matte finish.
Off the bat, it reminded me of Giorgio Armani’s Maestro foundation, but not as messy to apply. Dior’s dropper is well designed in that it doesn’t create a mess but you do need to drop it on the back of your hand or on a palette – you can’t apply it directly on your face.
I also used this foundation quite a bit with my favorite stippling brush from Makeup Forever #122 and built up a bit more of a medium coverage for some parties I had to attend. The foundation lasted all night though I did set it with my MAC mineralized powder. My skin was glowing, hydrated and still looked natural. There is a loose powder and tan powder that was launched with this foundation, which I haven’t tried yet, but they look amazing.
- Super light weight feels like skin when applied
- Beautiful, healthy, radiant finish
- Smells amazing
- I loved the formula, though it is watery, I think that’s what makes it so lightweight and skin-like.
- SPF 25 but no camera flashback ! ( no white cast )
- I checked out the color range at the counter and they do need more colors for deeper skin-tones.
- If you have oily skin, this foundation needs a good powder to set it and keep it in place.
- I find the foundation works best on smooth skin – I’ve been using retinol A, so I have some dead skin and it dries around it.
Overall, I loved this foundation. For me Dior Star and now Dior Nude Air are both favorites and I recommend you try them if you’re looking for natural-looking medium coverage foundations. I love love love the radiant finish and texture of the Diorskin Nude Air foundation. I have color 030 (I’m an NC25 from MAC). Check it out!