Are you new to working out and desperately want to get in shape? Whether you want to get in shape for a special event or take control of your health issues, starting out in a healthy regime can be stressful and frustrating.
The last thing you want to do is resort to a path setting you up for failure. Here are some tips on how to get started on your fitness path.
Stay Away From Magic Solutions
1. Stay away from magic solutions. These are called so called detox’s, fat burning pills, carb blocker pills or anything offered as a quick fix. The problem with these so-called solutions is they are mostly diuretics which make you loose water weight fast. Loosing water weight gives the impression of overall fat loss, but these pills cause your metabolism to suffer significantly. So much that it will be harder for you to maintain a normal weight eating normal foods!!
Avoid The Images Of Fitness People
2. Avoid the images of fitness people. Fitness athletes on magazines have years and years of training behind them and ooing and ahing over them is going to make you fanatical about seeing fast results from a workout routine in a magazine. It takes time to sculpt your body, so find a profession to help and guide you!
Quit The Negative Self Talk
3. Quit the negative self talk. We are all prone to this. You ate too much on a weekend event and now feel bloated so start criticizing your body. You hate your flabby arms. Your butt isn’t the right shape. Whatever it is. Appreciate what it is that you DO have and LOVE it. The more you nurture your body, the less likely you are to get frustrated with your long term path.
Focus On The Learning
4. If you are a beginner, focus on learning as much as you can. Everyone’s fitness journey is filled with learning new lessons along the way. Don’t jump into advanced moves too fast as you might hurt yourself and set yourself up for failure. Take easy and steady steps and be consistent.
Fitness Is Not A Fad
5. Fitness is not a fad. It is about your health and lifestyle. If you look at fitness as a means to loose 10 lbs and then that’s it, you have set yourself up for failure. Doing this will lead you to yo-yo dieting and never being satisfied with yourself. Once you learn about food and nutrition and how to enjoy your favorite foods and make the right substitutions, you will embark on a new found freedom in your lifestyle! Trust me, this is one of the best feelings.
Choose Your Priorities Wisely
6. Choose your priorities wisely. If you decide you want to loose weight but don’t have time to commit, then your results will naturally be delayed. Just as any successful venture, you want to commit and focus and prioritize what is important in order to see results. Join a social group to help you get started such as a boxing class, dance class or a sports league or a half marathon. A goal is always the best way to keep track and measure your success. Do anything that requires your commitment to show up!
Envision The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
7. Envision the light at the end of the tunnel. It can be really hard to see the light and visualize results, but if you are on a proper plan, dedicated, committed and consistent, results WILL follow. You have to remind yourself on the hard days that the light is there and you are close to achieving it. Initial results may take as long as 3 6 months!