1. Choose one and celebrate any of your favourite religious festival with full fervour and enthusiasm. Whether it is ID, holi or diwali go all out with the sweets, decorations, shopping, the traditions and of course the fun!
2. Grab some friends and go checkout a Bollywood party if you’ve never done so before. You would be amazed at how much fun it can be. It is a sure shot recipe for Masti Unlimited.
3. Plan a trip and visit your hometown once this year. There is nothing more sweet than the love and warmth of old relationships and it is sure to fill you up with new energy and enthusiasm for the rest of the year.
4. Spend less time on Facebook and twitter. Instead of reading people’s statuses, read a Chetan Bhagat book instead. It will not only tickle your funny bone but also reconnect you to the India we know and love.
5. Donate if you can afford to. The price of one Xbox game can feed a family in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and many other countries of this world.
6. Do what you want to do in life and not what your parents expect you to do. There is nothing stopping you from following your passion and achieving greatness.
7. Watch a live Cricket match in the auditorium and be a part of the excitement and adrenaline rush only cheering and hooting for your team can bring. To make it more fun, go with funny banners and don’t foget the flags!
8. Arrange a Potluck among your friends (the more varied their cultural backgrounds the better!) and ask them to bring an authentic traditional dish of their region. Asia is famous all over the world for its mouth-watering cuisine. Your taste buds are sure to get lost in the colours, spices, aroma and textures of the wide variety of food.
9. The next holiday trip you plan, travel via road or if it too long a route organize a train journey for you and your family. You will be mesmerized by the scenic countryside and a glimpse of “dilwale dulhaniyan” styled lush green “khet kahliyan” will surely steal your heart.
10. Attend a wedding in total desi style, complete with the traditional attire, haldi and mehndi , the fun antakshri competitions , the million functions and celebrations and of course the crazy baraat dance numbers.