They might look small, and they might also sound funny, but these tiny grains have tons of benefits in store for you! They are low in carbs, high in nutrition and are useful in a lot of recipes.
BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED
- Lowers the risk of heart disease and high cholesterol Flax seeds help heal arteries and blood circulation which leads to a decrease in an elevated level of cholesterol as well as reduced risks of heart disease
- Encourages weight loss Flax contains a lot of fiber, which means it takes longer for your body to digest, thence keeping you fuller for more lengths of time!
- Leads to stabilization of blood flow & lowers diabetes Whilst signaling to your brain that you are satiated, flax’s proteins and fibers give your body more energy to regulate and stabilize your blood sugar level.
- Prevents cancer The most common type of cancer in women, breast cancer, can be helped and prevented by flax seeds. October being the month of Breast Cancer Awareness, it is definitely one herb that needs to part of every woman’s diet.
- Encourages healthy skin Flax omega 3 helps decrease and also heal acne (a major issue for teenage girls and some young women), psoriasis, eczema and even dry skin!
- Fights Menopausal Symptoms Flax is a phytoestrogen that acts as a natural hormone therapy and stabilizes hormone levels, lessening the symptoms of menopause.
What is your reaction?