The Health Benefits of Olive Oil
Olive oil has been used throughout history in many fields ranging from medicine, health, to even skin care.
Olive oil contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants that are not found in other oils. It is known to lower the incidence of heart disease and breast cancer due to its level of monounsaturated fatty acids, specifically Oleic acid. It lowers bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol, thus influencing overall cholesterol level sin the blood.Olive oil also helps to build a more healthy balance between omega-6 fats and omega-3 fats. It is also known to lowerblood sugarlevels and blood pressure
Olive Oil is also used in cooking, though some advocate that we should not heat it, since it would use a lot of its structure which lowers it health effect. Its best used at room temperature and added on foods in small amounts. There is a special cooking olive oil which is the Olice Pomace Oil.Even though there is a commercial side to it, one cannot deny that olive oil has natural componentsthat might help yourskin.
Inaddition to being a natural, hypoallergenic way to moisturize skin, extra virgin olive oil has the added advantage of providing strong antioxidants, like Vitamins A and E that help repair and renew skin that has been damaged from overexposure to sun, air pollution, and other modern-day environmental hazards like cigarette smoke and fast food. These antioxidants have the ability to stimulate cells and return skin to a firmer, smoother, and healthier state.
The different types of olive oils are based on acidity and adulteration or changes made for commercial use. Most countries adhere to the following standards:
- Extra-virgin olive oilcomes from virgin oil production only, contains no more than 0.8% acidity, and is judged to have a superior taste.
- Virgin olive oilcomes from virgin oil production only, has an acidity of less than 2%, and is judged to have a good taste.
- Pure olive oil. Oils labeled asPure olive oilorOlive oilare usually a blend of refined and virgin production oil.
- Olive oilis a blend of virgin and refined production oil, of no more than 1.5% acidity. It commonly lacks a strong flavor.
- Olive pomace oilis refined pomace olive oil often blended with some virgin oil.
- Lampante oilis not edible;lampantecomes from olive oil’s long-standing use in oil-burning lamps.
- Refined olive oilis the olive oil obtained from virgin olive oils by refining methods.
Olive oil is truly a multi use element which has more than the benefits that were mentioned as its use has been around for thousands of years across many cultures
What is your reaction?